Norminn

Third, get hot, it will only get worse if you don't move on getting

it

checked out.

Thanks for the reply...if it is not the water, who should I call to
check it out?

My city has civil engineers who, of course, do engineering for city
projects. When I contacted a landscape architect about a drainage
problem, he told me that the city engineer reviewed some problems when
the problem was a complex one. So...I called, he came out, checked out
the situation and gave some helpful tips. It was more of the "CYA"
variety, on his part, because the problem potentially involved the
city's inspections done during construction of neighboring condo (which
drains onto our property )

If your sinkhole is in the path where there is rapid runoff from rain,
that could possibly be a cause. I have found "mystery" holes, probably
from rotted stumps. Have also found "tunnels" under the sod where water
washed out soil along our seawall, which was the reason for calling on
experts.

In Florida, sinkholes take out whole neighborhoods, and insurance
companies can have a guy with the right gadget check out the ground.

I'd be inclined to get some heavy topsoil, pack it in good, and do some
watchful waiting if you don't have sinkhole problems in the
neighborhood. Your city/county can give you info on that.