James Sweet

"davexnet02" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:58:17 -0500, "Art"
wrote:

Loss of +200 VDC to the video driver/output. Defective Video

driver/output.
Defective CRT, Etc Post the diagnostic measurements you have actually

made
so we may asset what you have done already then render assistance.

Hi Art, thanks for responding.
Alas, I have not made any "diagnostic measurements", just some
observations. I am not a qualified TV servicer, but I do have some
electronics background, and I have a copy of the service manual.

I have not done anything except resolder all the pins on the
power supply board transformers. (Sony G board).
Problem remains.

Perhaps the TV has reached the end of it's useful life,
or at least it's cost effective life.

Dave

Don't condemn it just yet, it's quite likely it can be brought back to life
for a bit more, and perhaps much more useful service.