I keep reading that from people, but how many times have you heard anyone
say that they drive more recklessly because they have an airbag in their
car? Or even really had reason to believe they do? It isn't human nature
to behave that way. Whenever I heard that argument the first thought that
comes to my mind is that it's a hollow argument from someone who simply

does
not like an idea, but has not real argument against it. Sort of a red
herring. People have a natural tendency to avoid things that will hurt

them
whether safety devices are in place or not. The problem comes in if they
don't know about the things that can hurt them or if for some reason they
believe themselves to be immune to the potential for injury. You know -
like we all were when we had our first cars. Before our first

accidents...

-Mike-

I don't think that safety devices do this, but "performance accessories"
like a new set of big fat tires or a huge wing on the back DO encourage
reckless driving. As long as tablesaws don't have spoilers or big fart pipes
on the back I think we are all responsible enough not to work dangerously.

-j