Did you see the notes I posted on the Jeff Gorman sharpening jig made
from a wallpaper dressing edge roller? I really like it and I quite
using my Veritas jig, since I made Jeff's jig. I've used it on
everything from a #8 stanley blade to a Veritas shoulder plane blade
and it works well. It rides on the workbench, not on the stone. I can
repost some pics and drawings if you'd like. I've done hand sharpening
with some thicker blades and chisels but the #8 Stanley blade is a real
challenge.

Bob

No, post a link if you have one. I'd like to take a look at it.
Sounds like the right idea.

-j