Mike Henry

wrote in message
oups.com...
My Clausing 8540 specifies Shell Tellus No. 29 Hydraulic Oil for the
variable speed drive and S.A.E No. 140 Hypoid Extreme Pressure Oil for
the hypoid gears.

I think that Valvoline 85W/140 HP Gear Oil can replace the S.A.E. No.
140 and I believe that a Mobile DTE24 hydraulic oil in an ISO32 can
replace the Shell Tellus No. 29 Hydraulic Oil. I cannot locate any
specs on the Shell Tellus No. 29 Hydraulic Oil.

Any suggestion or disagreement with these replacement fluids?
Thanks, Steve

Email Mobil - they responded pretty quickly with their equivalents for the
Shell lubes listed in the mnaual for a Clausing 5900 series lathe. A call
to Clausing would probably get the same info quicker.