Alan Harriman

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:47:23 GMT, davexnet02
wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to diagnose a fault that just developed,
I get sound, and I can feel/here the static electricy
that's generated on the screen when it's turned on.
The screen remains black.

If the red LED flashes, the set may be in IK blanking. Try turning the
screen control up slightly. If the picture comes in, it *could*
indicate a weak CRT. However, we had a Sony KV27EX25 in the shop today
that had no raster. Turning up the screen restored the pix, which is
often associated with a weak picture tube. But the CRT on this set
checked good. Further checking showed a low screen (G2) voltage. We
found an open 1 meg resistor on the CRT board in series with the
screen control. Replacing the resistor restored an excellent picture.

Alan Harriman

I took the back off the TV and I can see that all
of the neck filamants are unlit.

Please advise. This is a 1992 Sony 27 inch XBR
(kv27-xbr35) Thanks for any assistance.

Dave