Steve Knight

They are pricey. Unless I needed one I wouldn't have bought them.

well they are and they are not. they cost more then most stones to start with
but in the long run they wear so slowly they are far cheaper. some may not wear
out all of their waterstones but most of the lower grit ones wear pretty fast.
I have not worn out one shapton stone yet in two years of use. in that time I
would have worn out about 10 1000 grit waterstones and several middle stones.
the regular shapton I used for about 6 months showed about 1/4 of it worn in
that time. my hippo stone hardly shows any wear in almost two years.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes