DoN. Nichols

In article .com,
wrote:
I already have a full size J Head Bridgeport. My workplace is silent
auctioning a very nice little Clausing 8520 mill. Only one collet(M2,
but I have a full set at home). Comes with a manual, and small vice.

The question: Does this little mill offer me anything over my
Bridgeport?

Space? (If you replace rather than augment your Bridgeport).

Convenience (if you already have something set up on the
Bridgeport, and you need to make an extra part for the fixture.

Slightly lower power consumption?

Perhaps a little easier to use for small workpieces and cutters?

Particularly nice, if you need to make a part to repair the
Bridgeport.

You could get a reasonable amount of money for it, if you wanted
to sell it to another hobbyist who has less space.

If I had something fixtured up on the BP I wouldn't have to change it,
but being a hobbyist, this is not a huge concern.

How much space do you have? Enough to handle both the Bridgy
and the Clausing?

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564