effi

not a good idea, the foam will span the inside of the door, leaving no empty
dead space, and the door will transmit sound

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Drill holes in the door, and fill it with spray foam called "GreatStuff".

"Leroy Mowry" wrote in message
. com...
The 40-year old bedroom door easily passes sound. The door is
practically made up of thin plywood sandwiched to 1" x 2" studs
separated vertically by half a foot or so. The door closes tight, but
just enough to slip a credit card thru. Eventually, sounds of laughter
go into my R.E.M. sleep and create nightmares. I then go to work
at the grave yard shift like a Zombie. I'd tried and gave up using
earplugs since they keep falling off, create sores or just got tired of
disinfecting them to reduce ear infections. What are some ways I
can reduce sound on this rental unit?

Thanks