Brett A. Thomas

Scott Lurndal wrote:
Isn't easier to just not put your fingers in the blade rather than add
hardware to stop the blade when you do? A couple of home-made pushsticks
accomplish the same goals as the Saw-Stop, and the SS can't prevent
all tablesaw injuries (such as those caused by kickback) and may infact
cause more because of operator complacency.

Yeah, that's my biggest concern with the SawStop. I think it's an
interesting idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if, if we ever have a
world where it's mandatory, the net number of injuries stays about
constant, as people depend on the SS to save them instead of being
really aware of what they're doing. The tablesaw is still a dangerous
machine even if it won't cut off your finger.

-BAT