"ted harris" wrote in message
In news:J typed:
snip nonsense
Would you be willing to
wait for either the saw to be shipped to an authorized service center,
fixed and returned (and you still have to buy a new blade) or wait for
someone to come out and fix it (and you still have to buy a new blade)?.

Replacing the cartridge is as easy as changing the blade. I don't know
where you get that it has to be shipped here and there and everywhere...

If you are here, and the replacement cartridge is there, then how does the
replacement cartridge get to you? Can it walk? Do they have an alternate
method which doesn't involve shipping? It is basic engineering that the more
complex the system, the more opportunities there are for failure. I'm not
making that up.

Average reaction time when feeding your hand into a saw blade is 2.5
fingers. At that point you might as well throw them into the garbage.

Is it really? Can you show me where you got this data from, or are you just
making things up?

Again, where do you get this idea from? Have you been to their website

and
read it thoroughly?

Yes. Perhaps you can show me where it says that the device is
user-serviceable. Just because it is in a cartridge does not mean that it is
user-serviceable. Their site has a fair amount of speculation to it. It has
been that way for a long time. This makes me think that they are not
progressing well. Since you are so familiar with it, please point out the
part where it says they are user serviceable.

-j