Asimov

"Andy Cuffe" bravely wrote to "All" (14 Dec 04 12:43:38)
--- on the heady topic of " Bought Sylvania 20" flat screen (???almost =
flat???) for $99"

AC From: Andy Cuffe

AC On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:47:00 GMT, "jeff"
AC wrote:

Maybe I'm being very picky, but even though the TV is supposed to be a flat
screen, to me, it seems like the actual screen of the CRT tube itself,
inside the TV, may be very slightly curved,

AC It's very common for cheaper TVs to have a CRT like this. It's
AC basically just a standard CRT with extra glass to make the outside
AC flat. The thicker glass makes the picture look worse and the set
AC heavier, but people want flat screens... Even CRTs that appear
AC totally flat are actually slightly curved on the inside.

Andy, how is the colour affected by the extra time the beam has to
travel at the edges compared to the center? Is there a compensation
for this and does it even need to be corrected for?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Is reactance then illusory? No, it just appears that way...