ted harris

In newsave Hinz typed:
snip
Public good is _not_ their motivation. That's fine, really it is, but
pretending it is is what gets me.

You mean the way the manufacturers that won't use the technology?...

I cannot believe the **** I am reading here...
Sawstop was apparently invented around 1998 or so. This guy and his
employees have been fought around every corner for the last 7 yeays by
skeptical woodworkers, and muscled by the manufacturers. Looks to me like
he has devoted his life to getting this thing going. Now, after almost a
decade of rejection, sawstop is delivering saws as we speak. I wonder how
many times Steve Gass had to borrow money to feed his family and keep the
electricity on? I'll be that even now he is in debt up to his eyeballs. He
believes in this technology so much that he stuck his finger in it twice.
Someday, all you naysayers and the rest of the world will view this
technology as one of the most important advances in rotational cutting
safety. Enough of your ridiculous conspiracy theories!
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com