James Sweet

"jeff" wrote in message
news:%iJvd.10000$sU4.2934@trndny01...
Funai? Those are about the bottom of the barrel, I would say 2-3 years

of
moderate to heavy use. You might get lucky and have it last a decade but I
certainly wouldn't expect it. Probably 20% chance it'll fail within the
first year.

Ok, hopefully I'll luck out.

Question: I have an old Emerson (made in 1988, and made in Taiwan). The
model number is ECR1350. It's a 13 inch TV that has been used a lot in

the
past and is used only lightly now. It is 16 years old. Was this one

really
made by Funai?

J.

Dunno, Emerson is very low end as well, but I had one that was still working
when I gave it away probably 15 years after I got it. Sometimes you get
lucky. TV's don't fall apart as quickly as cheap VCR's at least.