James Sweet

Thanks for the reply. This isn't a standard CRT. It certainly is flatter
than a standard CRT, but it's just that it appears to be curved slightly

on
the inside and have subtle imperfections in the shape. I guess for $99
(regularly $139) I should not be complaining.

By the way, how long can I reasonably expect this TV to last, that is, how
many thousand hours is the expected lifespan of an inexpensive flat-screen
CRT TV manufactured by Funai?

Funai? Those are about the bottom of the barrel, I would say 2-3 years of
moderate to heavy use. You might get lucky and have it last a decade but I
certainly wouldn't expect it. Probably 20% chance it'll fail within the
first year.