Charlie Self

Hank Gillette responds:

So are you saying that airbags are causing people to drive more
recklessly?

Did you READ what I wrote?

I read it. You left open the possibility that you think the airbags are
a factor.

"but it sometimes seems to me that adding extra safety gear to cars and
SUVs gave a lot of people a sense of invulnerability that is a bit
frightening."

What point did you make that you think I missed?

Read what you wrote. You state that I did say it caused it. I said it might,
and that it seemed to ME. That doesn't make a statement other than that this is
my opinion, which means I did NOT present it as a statement of invincible fact.

I don't know if it does. It seems to me that it does. You don't know if it
doesn't. It seems to you that it doesn't, or so your reaction appears to
denote.

That is known as a difference of opinion, but there is not much in the way of
fact on either side.

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston
Churchill