Art

Loss of +200 VDC to the video driver/output. Defective Video driver/output.
Defective CRT, Etc Post the diagnostic measurements you have actually made
so we may asset what you have done already then render assistance.
"davexnet02" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:58:27 -0000, "David Sewell"
wrote:

"davexnet02" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,
I'm trying to diagnose a fault that just developed,
I get sound, and I can feel/here the static electricy
that's generated on the screen when it's turned on.
The screen remains black.

I took the back off the TV and I can see that all
of the neck filamants are unlit.

Please advise. This is a 1992 Sony 27 inch XBR
(kv27-xbr35) Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Dry joint, heater supply off the line ouput transformer?

David

LOPT = flyback?
There's the thick wire that goes to the anode,
and a thinner wire that goes to the small circuit board
at the back of the tube. Is that the heater?
I thought it was the focus.

Dave