davexnet02

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:58:27 -0000, "David Sewell"
wrote:

"davexnet02" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,
I'm trying to diagnose a fault that just developed,
I get sound, and I can feel/here the static electricy
that's generated on the screen when it's turned on.
The screen remains black.

I took the back off the TV and I can see that all
of the neck filamants are unlit.

Please advise. This is a 1992 Sony 27 inch XBR
(kv27-xbr35) Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Dry joint, heater supply off the line ouput transformer?

David

LOPT = flyback?
There's the thick wire that goes to the anode,
and a thinner wire that goes to the small circuit board
at the back of the tube. Is that the heater?
I thought it was the focus.

Dave