BigWallop

Default Testing ring circuit

"John Greenwood" wrote in message
Hello,

After finally finishing my new kitchen circuit I would like to check if

the
continuity of live, neutral and earth to determine if they do indeed
complete a ring.

Searching on Google I have discovered continuity testing but with this it
seems you need to test each stage separately.

What I would like to do is to simply remove one socket cover, disconnect

the
wires and test that each wire completes a ring.

Is this possible, if so what type of kit do I need to perform this. A
Screwfix link would be excellent!

Thanks,

John

Go to your Consumer Unit (main fuse box) and switch it off. Remove the two
red insulated cables from the breaker and connect your meter over them. Set
the meter to read the Ohms ranges and it you should have a reading of
between 3 and 10 Ohms depending on the length of the cables in the ring.
Repeat this for the black insulated cables and the earth connecting centres
and you should find out if all sockets are connected together.

If you don't get a drop in the Ohms range on any of these test, then you
have a break somewhere in the circuit and you'll need to test from each
socket to the next to find the break.

Hope this helps a bit.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com