James Sweet

"NSM" wrote in message
news:aPvvd.23288$U47.22779@clgrps12...

"Robert Wolcott" wrote in message
| I have an electronic project I am working on and need some help. My
| Father-in-law gave me a broken electric scooter so I could convert it

into
| toy for my son. It is very similar to this item:

| The only thing wrong with this scooter was the electric motor control
| circuit was faulty (everything else has been tested and works great).
| Unfortunately he threw away the circuit and I am looking for a
replacement.
| What would I need to power a scooter of this size? Links to web sites

or
| ebay auctions would be greatly appreciated.

What voltage batteries? I'd be inclined to look at chopper type DC control
systems. GE published some in the 60's that used a couple of SCRs to

control
the speed.

Why use a 1960's design? There's plenty of modern and readily available
circuits, just do a google search for PWM dc motor controller, size the
MOSFET appropriately for the load.