James Sweet

"Harry Hotspur" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:20:41 -0200, Chaos Master
wrote:

Hi.

I have 15" CRT monitor VISION DX-1564 (~1998), operating at 1024x768.
It supports refresh rate of up to 75Hz at 1024x768 and 60Hz at 1280x1024.

I wish to use 75Hz refresh, but when I put 75Hz refresh rate, the image
has very bright lines. When I put 70Hz the image is good.

What can be causing this problem?
The monitor is connect to S3 video card.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W (GMT -2
(BRST) / GMT -3 (BRT))

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't
think that this is a coincidence." -- Anonymous

Get an engineer to slightly turn down the flyback screen control to
see if will adjust it,it should.

That's not a fix, he said it's brighter at a higher refresh rate, which is
unusual, normally it becomes darker. Did the problem happen gradually? Does
it change at all as the monitor warms up? If so I suspect a capacitor is
failing, if it happened suddenly then I'd look for a cracked solder joint
around the HV section or a shorted transistor in the regulator.