Sam Goldwasser

(Harry Hotspur) writes:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:20:41 -0200, Chaos Master
wrote:

Hi.

I have 15" CRT monitor VISION DX-1564 (~1998), operating at 1024x768.
It supports refresh rate of up to 75Hz at 1024x768 and 60Hz at 1280x1024.

I wish to use 75Hz refresh, but when I put 75Hz refresh rate, the image
has very bright lines. When I put 70Hz the image is good.

What can be causing this problem?
The monitor is connect to S3 video card.

Get an engineer to slightly turn down the flyback screen control to
see if will adjust it,it should.

If it happened suddenly, it's not an adjustment but a power supply,
deflection, or video problem. IF you adjust the screen/G2 control,
it will probably mess up other refresh rates making them too dark, and
is likely just masking some other problem.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.