keith bowers

Grant Erwin wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Add it where, and how much do I start with? My power bill from
Pacific Greed and Extortion (PG&E) was a $100 higher this month from
what I suspect is the welders being used a fair amount..most of which
was simply idling.

Add capacitance right across the power lines, from L1 to L2; i.e. connect
each capacitor in parallel with the whole welder.

I'd scrounge some 10uF motor run caps and add one and turn on your welder
and measure the current draw (with a loop-type current meter) and then add
another cap and measure it again. If it goes down then just keep adding
capacitance. You might want to also add some 30 or 35 uF run caps just
so you can build up quicker.

If you need help scrounging motor run caps drop me an email. I have an
unimpeachable source.

Grant

You want to measure the current on the meter side of the caps; not on the
welder side.
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC