gary

Wherever the pipe is it must be 4" or larger, if it is a long run then you
must go larger. You should not be venting moist air inside the house.
There are health concerns with this including mould problems.

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
No, what I'm saying is the piece that protrudes to the outside air. I
don't
have enough room for a 4" round opening and the square vent hood which
must
be 5x5, so I was thinking to butt the 4" round vent tubing coming from the
dryer to a smaller connector at the wall.
If this is not acceptable then I will not do it.

By the way, what I've been doing over the years is venting the electric
dryer into the laundry room and the end of the dryer tubing has a lint
filter on it.

Thanks,
Walter
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message

If you are saying I could make any size opening (i.e. 2" - 3") then

maybe
I'll look for a reducing coupling at my local HD to attach to the 4"

vent
flexible tubing.

No, you NEVER reduce the dryer vent size. A 4" round vent covers 12.5
sq.
in. You can use a 3" x 4" square to get the same results. Or 2 x 6 1/2.

Be sure the vent will not be blocked by snow either.