Techforce

Sometimes just to be safe, when I do this, I power up the motor seperately
with 9-12Vdc and while it runs, I hit the shaft a bit with some metal
sandpaper -
just to knock off a little bit of the interference fit on the plastic. I
find it usually lessens the chance of the same pressure being applied again,
which was most likely the cause of the original crack. It also lessens the
chance a bit of seeing the repair open up again. Its good also if you can
place the pulley in a C-clamp or a pana-vise
after you apply the mending compound.