Nate Perkins

"Upscale" wrote in
:

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message

What's the different between the 75-050 and the 75-050 T?

The 75-050T has the tilting head (as opposed to the 75-050M1, which
has a fixed head). Also, it has a slightly different column, a
slightly wider base, and weighs about 20 lbs more. It also costs
about $50-$75 more. Both have the same front and top clamp holddown
mechanism.

So I can assume that the T model is the little brother to the 75-075
model? I've had my eye on the 075 model for awhile, but only because
it had the tilting option. IF the 050 T model tilts, then it sounds
like the best of both worlds ~ lower price but still tilt capable.

The 075 model is really a step up ... more comparable to the Powermatic
719 w/tilt. The 075 has better stops all the way around and handwheels
moving the bed in x and y.

The 050T is really more like the 050M1, except that the column and base
appear to have been beefed up to permit the tilt. Otherwise the 050T
looks to be pretty much the same as the 050M1.

The only place I've seen a review of the 050T is in the July issue of
Wood magazine. It's a pretty new model, just released last spring.

Good luck!
Nate