Ed Huntress

"RainLover" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:06:07 -0800, skuke wrote:

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:46:42 -0800, RainLover wrote:

I was just curious. I suspect that the readers here aren't the
regular art house, movie-going crowd here, but I'm wondering if anyone
else saw "The Machinist"?

This post is more about artsy-fartsy crap, but since the movie *IS*
about a machinist, and since a person gets his arm ripped off in a
machine, I figure it's "on topic" enough.

It's been haunting me for over a week now.

THANKS!!

James, Seattle

BTW, I was wondering how you made the conclusion that RCM readers

probably
wouldn't like to see an independant, "artsy-fartsy" movie? Rather
prejudicial, and presumptuous don't ya think?

Yes, it was a bit; I'm sorry to those I offend by the comment, but
I've known hundreds of machinists and welders and pipe-fitters over
the years and the subjects of independant films, art, and imported
beers are RARELY discussed.

You've just been working in the wrong shops. Back when I worked in a job
shop, when we took our brie-and-chardonnay breaks, the conversation
frequently turned to the auteur theory, the early works of Jean-Luc Godard,
film noire, and so on, when we weren't discussing our staple subjects of
post-modernism and Roland Barthes.

You just have to pick the right shop.

Ed Huntress