gary

My problem is not with covering the outlet when not in use. It is in
covering the outlet with a plug plugged into it. I need a cover that
allows a plug to be plugged in and then the cover closed over top of it
so as to prevent any accidental tripping. Currently the brass cover hits
the plug when it is plugged in and I am afraid it will crush the wire
and possibly electrocute someone. Yea, I know, in Texas that is normal.

Gary

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:43:14 GMT, "Tracey"
wrote:

"gary" wrote in message
news
wrote:
Thanks, but this is a new home with a slab. Outlets are installed in the
floor of large rooms to allow for furniture to be placed with lights
on tables next to them. Keeps someone from running an extension cord
from the wall to the sofa, etc.

We've got an outlet in the middle of our living room floor and it is very
handy for the table lamp. When we aren't using the outlet (when I rearrange
the furniture so that the table isn't near the outlet), I simply plug a
child safety plug into it. The plugs I mean are like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

We have several 'floor' outlets in our house (built in 1993) - they
all have brass covers that screw in the covers over the outlet when
they are not in use.