John Davies

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:07:24 -0500, "John Harlow"
wrote:

What are some ways I can reduce sound on this rental unit?

The best solution is to mask it.

Get a loud air cleaner or white noise generator and run it all night in your
room. You'll sleep very well.

Yep, I agree: Here's some more info:

http://www.white-noise.biz/noiseshield.htm

http://www.white-noise.biz/sonet_aco...acy_system.htm

Voices are hard to block because the volume and frequency varies so
much. Even a $300 set of Bose noise-cancelling headphones won't stop
voices, tho they are terrific for constant sounds like engines and
wind roar.

This is one BIG reason people buy their own homes. I always _hated_
hearing strangers talking all around me.... Or consider moving into a
duplex. Most have the utilities located between the two halves, which
effectively masks noises from the other residents. But be sure to
check out the degree of seperation before signing!

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450