Tony the Turner Tony the Turner is offline
Member

Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC
It seems that Poolewood have dropped their Euro DVSL lathes...

Some serious answers needed here..
Does anyone know the answers?
The DVSL was on my shopping list earlier this year but when I went to Poolewood in Kent and saw the prototype, I thought it looked "agricultural" in terms on the overall design and finish of the bed/bowl extension and stand. Mr Davis of Poolewood assured me that the production models would be more sophisticated. Those on display at Stoneleigh were far from this and the rep on the stand was dismissive of my comments.

The motor/electronics look very neat and the only end user with whom I have had contact is very pleased with the lathe in use. Still, if they are out of production, it looks as though I will have to start my search again.