Mary Fisher

wrote in message ...
Tim Nicholson wrote:

This time, (assuming it's the same problem when I pull the damn d/w
out to check) - I'd like to replace the hoses with somthing 'armoured'
if possible - anyone know whether there's a supplier of such a thing,
or is there something else I could use to wrap them in - that would
act as a rodent deterrent? I'm also going to make some sort of solid
'cage' to fit around the d/w from floor to about 12 inch height, so
that any future rodent explorer will have difficulty reaching the
tasty plastic pipes!

Anyone got any other ideas? Ripping the kitchen out to find out where
the little sods got in *isn't* an option I've been informed......

I'm surprised at your problems, we certainly have mice around in our
house sometimes as we're rural too but they don't seem in the
slightest bit interested in eating the innards of the dishwasher or
anything else similar.

I once came back from a 'holiday' on the NYMoors with adolescents (Spouse
was in Germany) to find that the rising lead main ( i.e. below the stop tap)
was spouting water. The main stop tap in the street wasn't easy to get to
but I got a man flutters eyelashes to turn it off and we borrowed water
until Spouse got back and repaired the pipe.

There were rat teeth marks round the hole. The cat had a field day ...

Mary