Andy R

wrote in message ...
Tim Nicholson wrote:

This time, (assuming it's the same problem when I pull the damn d/w
out to check) - I'd like to replace the hoses with somthing 'armoured'
if possible - anyone know whether there's a supplier of such a thing,
or is there something else I could use to wrap them in - that would
act as a rodent deterrent? I'm also going to make some sort of solid
'cage' to fit around the d/w from floor to about 12 inch height, so
that any future rodent explorer will have difficulty reaching the
tasty plastic pipes!

Anyone got any other ideas? Ripping the kitchen out to find out where
the little sods got in *isn't* an option I've been informed......

I'm surprised at your problems, we certainly have mice around in our
house sometimes as we're rural too but they don't seem in the
slightest bit interested in eating the innards of the dishwasher or
anything else similar.

I certainly made no attempt to make the underneath or rear of the
kitchen units inaccessible to mice.

Our mice seem to prefer drawers with string, candles, bags, etc. or
the area where the dog food, cat food and chicken food is kept.

Maybe you should have a more tempting area to attract them away from
the dishwasher! :-)

It could be the type of material the pipes are made of that attracts them.
A caravan site I've been to has a big problem with squirrels chewing through
rubber lpg pipes, you get back to the caravan and all your gas has escaped.
They don't chew water pipes, brake pipes or anything else, just the gas
pipes. Can you get the pipes for your dishwasher made from a different
material?

Rgds

Andy R