Dave Plowman

Default TV fault - green hue

In article ,
Sam [email protected] wrote:
For some reason, Sony seem far more prone to this than other makes -
and always the red gun dying which produces 'green' pictures.

Yeah we had an old Sony many years ago which had a green cast. A tv
repair bod we knew said that they were notrious for it. Being poor we
couldn't afford to replace it - actually as I recall colour tvs cost
loads and loads relative to what they cost now - and so we put up with
it and got used to it. It was odd when we went and watched other peoples
tvs.

Unless the red gun had failed completely, it should have been possible to
adjust it ok. Indeed, early Sony models had the controls for this on the
back of the set, rather than buried inside as with most.

--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn