TBone

"Upscale" wrote in message
"TWS" wrote in message
For example, adding the tilting feature possibly weakens the upright
strength of the original tool and is not robust enough to do the tilt
cut properly.

Mind you, I have no opinion on this matter or any experience with this
particular tool, I'm just pointing out an alternate possibility based
on my experience with other equipment.

Yes, it makes sense to consider all variables. However, my tendency is to
buy better quality products, especially tools and that usually mandates my
researching opinions on usage as well as examining them in person first.

Wood Magazine did its review on mortises and named the 75-050 T its top
choice. I doubt that it has been weakened by the tilt feature enough to
effect it in any way for the job it was designed for.