alexy

"Conan The Librarian" wrote:

Well, it's not exactly SPF, but I built my workbench mostly out of
SYP 2x4's and 2x12's. And to tie into the original poster's question,
why not just make the extra effort and have a stable bench that will
last? I built mine with the idea that I'd build a "dream bench" later,
but now that I've used it for a few years, I expect I'll keep it
indefinitely: http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/bench03.jpg

Nice looking bench! I like the leg vise. Is that what you would use on
another bench? Where did you find SYP in 2x4? All I can find here
(Atlanta) is 2x8 or larger.

I built a sharpening table of 2x4 SPF laminated like your bench, which
is fine for its purpose, but not as hard as I would like for a bench.