Cicero

"Medallion Man" wrote in message
ups.com...
Recently I needed a compression slip coupler to replace some CH
pipework in a relly confined space with zero slack in the pipes
themselves and too much heat-sensitive stuff nearby to allow my limited
soldering skills to be used. A long (repair-type) slip coupler would
not have worked because there wasn't enough of a straight pipe run to
put it on. I ended up taking a normal straight compression coupler to
an engineering shop and asked them to remove the pipe stop on a lathe.

Isn't there *anyone* who stocks simple straight compression slip
couplers ? Seems to me there'd be a ready market for them for use in
tight spots.

====================
If anybody is interested...............

Further to my earlier post (13/12/04 @ 14:07) about reaming out 22mm
compression fittings to create compression slip couplers. I've just tried
this using an old adjustable reamer - sized 25/32" to 27/32" - 19.75mm to
22mm) and it works perfectly for the 22mm size. I haven't got a 15mm reamer
so can't test but I see no reason why it shouldn't work as well with the
correct reamer.

Thanks to 'Medallion Man' for raising the subject. I was wondering how to
avoid the 'Round the Wrekin' solution suggested by an earlier poster.

Cic.