I will only have to take 20 kittens, great, I will be out the week
beteen Christmas
and New Years. Right after I win the lottery. Only one little problem,
I don't
play the lottery. I figure that not buying a ticket only decreases my
chance
of winning by a very slight amount. Now if I could find a winning
lottery
ticket that would be cool. Not imposible, but unlikely. A friend was
layed
off about 10 years ago, Christmas was lookng grim. His young daughter
picked up a "scratch off" lottery ticket spent the entire trip home
looking at it,
so my friend and his wife decided to relate how bad a choice buying
lottery
tickets was. Explained odds to her, As they arrived home, she
commented,
somehing similar to, know that winning is rare, that you stand a better
chance
of being hit by lightning, butif winning tickets are so rare why would
someone
thorugh a winner away. Her mom, assuming her daughter had misread it,
asked
to look at it, and freaked. It was a winner. 25K. After the moral
debate what to
do with the ticket, after all how do you find the original purchaser,
they decided
to wait a week or so to see if any news stories about lost wiing
tickets ran, and
when none did, the decided to cash it and put it away for their
daugthrers college
fund. The dauhgter, a mature 8 years, argued that her dad should use
the money
to get some addtional training. That she had 10- years before she could
go, but her dad, and the family could realy benefit from his going to
school. He got a AA degree,
a much better job, and the daughter started college this fall. So you
can win without playing, but all in all I would prefer to set my money
on fire and watch it burn as to
waste it on lottery tickets. This time of year the burning money would
supply a little warmth.
So as soon as I find a winning lottery ticket I will be heading out
that way. Maybe we could combine our respective book collections and
start a"really big" library,
Terry