Charlie Self

Hank Gillette asks:

In article ,
"Fred" wrote:

A good and fair question - but to me the dangers of this device far exceed
this question. The problem with this device is people becoming dependent

on
it and being careless, and then at a most inopportune moment, the device
fails.

That's a good point, but do most people drive recklessly simply because
their car has airbags?

Not a good analogy. I don't know if it's the airbags, but there do seem to be
more and more idiots on the road today, people who tailgate, speed, cut in and
out. Possibly it's more noticeable because traffic is heavier than ever in just
about every location, but it sometimes seems to me that adding extra safety
gear to cars and SUVs gave a lot of people a sense of invulnerability that is a
bit frightening.

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston
Churchill