Stan

"NSM" wrote: "Robert Wolcott" wrote:

}| I have an electronic project I am working on and need some help. My
}| Father-in-law gave me a broken electric scooter so I could convert it into
}a
}| toy for my son. It is very similar to this item:
}|
}|
}http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1373 232&rd=1
}|
}| The only thing wrong with this scooter was the electric motor control
}| circuit was faulty (everything else has been tested and works great).
}| Unfortunately he threw away the circuit and I am looking for a
}replacement.
}| What would I need to power a scooter of this size? Links to web sites or
}| ebay auctions would be greatly appreciated.
}
}What voltage batteries? I'd be inclined to look at chopper type DC control
}systems. GE published some in the 60's that used a couple of SCRs to control
}the speed.

SCRs??? In a DC circuit??? How could a circuit drive the voltage to
zero in order to get the SCRs to stop conducting? Or has someone invented
an AC battery while I was asleep?

Stan.