DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Old Nick wrote:
On 13 Dec 2004 22:08:58 -0500, (DoN. Nichols)
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Don. I am getting emails returned from the address I usually use to
send to you (the one on your message headers, and replies to your
emails)

It should still be valid.

This is the reply I have had to two messages; one from a few days a go
and one fomr today. Both came back today.

I am posting all this detail hoping agasint hope that I am not
releasing something that unleashes some bloody spam attack!

Result:
************************************************* *******************

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software
(Exim).

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

Remote host cadeau.d-and-d.com [204.91.85.23] closed connection
after initial connection:
retry timeout exceeded

This suggests an overly busy choke point somewhere between here
and there. Yesterday, at least, some parts of the net were severely
overloaded.

Or it could have been one of the points during which the machine
in question was *very* busy -- processing spam. :-)

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers.
------

by relay01.mail-hub.kbs.net.au with smtp (Exim 3.36 #2)
id 1CcAj2-0007qR-00

O.K. I'm not blocking that IP or that system name.

And a test forging a mail exchange using the "Return-Path: "
components and my e-mail address as recipient shows no problems.

So -- I suspect the net congestion, and it may well clear up
next time you try. (Or it may not, and there is nothing that I can do
about it.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |