Guess who

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:23:23 GMT, "mark" wrote:

Two questions in one night! I have a crappy 1hp (yeah, right!) 14" bandsaw,
and I have a replacement motor. The only issue is the motor (a 1.5 horse
out of a delta contractor saw) runs at 3450 and the bandsaw motor runs at
1725. Can I just decrease the size of the motor pulley to get a safe speed?
I think the motor pulley is about a 3" or so. Is this safe to do?

It might depend on your driven wheel size to fit the space you have.
You might reduce the one by half, but if not feasible to do that or
increase the other, you can have an intermediate double-wheel,
something like A .....B..C.....D with B,C on the same pulley. A
drives B and C drives D. The intermediate system can be placed
anywhere suitable, not necessarily directly in between.