mark

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"mark" wrote:
The only thing to think about is that if you make the driving (i.e.

motor) pulley too small, you'll be bending the belt over a very small
radius and giving it very little contact area with the pulley, which
could result in slipping.

What are you going to do with the 1 HP motor you're taking off it? I've
got a 1/3 HP motor on my old Craftsman 12" saw that could use upgrading,
and I would be happy to dispose of your old motor for you to save you
the trouble and expense of getting rid of it yourself :-)

Good point about the belt radius. I'll look at the top pulley and see if I
have room to change that one instead. Whereabouts are you located?