Tom

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jeff -

Yep, same model.

Same beeping behavior as described. Not 3 times though - it's constant
with no discernable pattern. Basically, the led display shows "40"; you
can't change any cycles or choose any options (doing so results in
another beep). If you put a load of wet clothes in and press start, the
dryer will run at high heat, beeping the entire time. Sort of goes: bee
da beep bee da beep bee da beep CONSTANTLY until it eventually shuts
off. The clothes are slightly damp at the end of the cycle; re-starting
the same load will result in the dryer running for a minute or 2 and
then shutting off; adding a new wet load will cause it to run until
they are also just slightly damp.

Also, it will sometimes start beeping randomly in the middle of the
night (no clothes in it, not used for a few days) for no apparent
reason.

I'll check tonight on the heat thermistor test - thanks for the tip!

One other thing -

Plugging/unplugging the beast from the outlet some random number of
times (usually, less than 10) will usually make it act normal for a
week or so. If I run the diagnostics listed in the spec sheet during
this time, they all check out.
Thanks much for the tip, will let ya know what I find.

Matt

Is it the beep you hear at the end of a cycle or the beep made by the "lint
filter plugged" indicator. I think these machines still had this installed
when this machine was made. Has since been eliminated because it would be
triggered by just a item of light weight fabric or dryer sheet momentarily
stopping in front of the outlet grill.