John Rumm

Earl Kella wrote:

My gas pressure does seem a bit low - about 19mb which is just on my boilers
minimum. I couldn't time it to measure when it was firing up as it was only
me in the house at the time but I suspect this will drop when under load. I
am going to service my boiler anyway when the current cold snap is over,
probably over Christmas.

YOu are unlikely to get a sensible reading when not under load. You need
to see what it does when gas is being drawn (even if you just put a gas
ring on rather than the boiler). A twiddle of the room thermostat ought
to do the trick for the boiler mind you.

You also ought to measure the pressure at the boiler as well. That way
you get to take into account the reduction caused by the flow resistance
of the pipework to it. There ought to be a test nipple on/in it somewhere.

--
Cheers,

John.