NSM

"David Farber" wrote in message
| I'm working on a 25 year old Stanley Vemco automatic gate. It has a
shorted
| solenoid that is located within this controller box:
|
| http://www.pbase.com/image/37414260
|
| It's no surprise that the part isn't available anymore. Is there a modern
day
| replacement for this controller? The one significant function of this box
is
| that it mechanically locks out one set of microswitches when the other set
of
| microswitches is activated. I would replace it with some regular relays
| otherwise.

If there is enough room, I would go to a place that sells motor starters and
buy a reversing controller. That's what this looks like. They come with a
mechanical interlock that physically prevents both contactors being closed
at once. If you don't need thermal overload protection you can buy one
without that. If you can take this in they may be able to advise a
replacement.