"Leon" wrote in message
. com...

"J" wrote in message
I would think that the blade would stop before the saw drops. However,

the
act of dropping could be a problem in itself. Suppose you slip and your
hand
goes onto the blade. Thank god the saw blade witll stop spinning
(perhaps),
but then the blade starts to drop and pulls down. Trapping your little
pinky
between the tooth of the frozen blade. Suddenly you regret that you made
that nifty zero clearance plate....

In that event even if the saw is off and the blade not turning at all you
are going to get cut. The stationary blade is not going to pull you in as
it drops, it is simply going to cut, not snag and pull.

My saw blades seem to have a hook to them. I can certainly imagine that a
finger caught under one of those hooks might see some shearing action as the
blade drops below the zero clearance insert. Remember, the blade is
immobilized so it isn't going to spin backwards to release the finger.

Of course this is just speculation. So neither one of us really knows what
will happen.

-j