On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Michelle P
wrote:

If you remove the gas from the system seals will dry out especially in
the carb. Stabilize it.
Michelle

Better yet, use AVGAS. It is frsher 2 years down the road than 6 week
old gas with StaBil.

Grant Erwin wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

It looks like I will be helping a friend prepare a number of tractors,
cars and trucks for long storage.

What are the issues to consider for a successful storage?

Batteries, fuel, tires and RUST all come to mind.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

TMT

I heard once of a guy who pulled all his spark plugs and simply
filled his engine with clean motor oil.

If the motor is carbureted, drain ALL the gas out. If it were me
I'd get about 8 or 10 of those little white envelopes of moisture-
absorbent and stick those down in the carburetor.

Belts and hoses can oxidize pretty badly. I might also drain and refill
the cooling system with pure antifreeze.

Remove the battery entirely.

If there is a cassette or CD in the dash player, remove it.

Just some ideas ..

GWE