Robert Barr

Chris wrote:
When I did this, I noticed that the overhead room light starts to
slightly flicker in cycles.

Lasers are notorious for this, and you're probably the 80,000,000th new
laser owner to be somewhat alarmed by the effect.

So far, it hasn't tripped the breaker, but
am I putting to much of a load on it?

Not unless you trip the breaker. You have relatively light duty loads
on that outlet.

I don't want anything to catch
fire. Could the problem be remedied plugging it into a different
outlet in the same room?

If it happens to be on a different circuit. Best bet is to put the
computer on a UPS and relax.

Not much of an electrician myself so any help
/ advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!