Chris

Default Will this cause a fire?

Hey everyone,
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. My home is around 80
years old and the wiring has been updated. I use one of the upstairs
bedrooms as my office and have my computer, a television, a phone,
speakers and couple of misc items plugged into a decent Monster-brand
surge protector. I recently added a nice laser printer to the mix and
had to plug it into the same wall outlet that the surge protector is
in. When I did this, I noticed that the overhead room light starts to
slightly flicker in cycles. So far, it hasn't tripped the breaker, but
am I putting to much of a load on it? I don't want anything to catch
fire. Could the problem be remedied plugging it into a different
outlet in the same room? Not much of an electrician myself so any help
/ advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!