geoff

Default Problem with CH (Potterton gas boiler not lighting)

In message , Reckless
writes
Prima 30F

A little bit more info:
Blowing/sucking on the tubes from the fan does cause the microswitch to
activate.

I read what you say, but do you mean that the microswitch is not
actually changing over from normally closed to normally open, or that it
doesn't cause the pcb to go further through the sequence?

If the microswitch isn't actually changing over when you (gently) suck
or blow, then either the diaphragm in the APS is ruptured or the
contacts have welded themselves together

If the microswitch is physically changing state, then have the contacts
gone high resistance?

If the APS is actually working correctly, then it's the pcb at fault

part no. 407677

The gas value isn't supplied any power from the control module.
Anyone care to guess at what I should check next?

The gas valve won't receive any power from the pcb until the APS
normally open contacts power the pilot valve/spark circuit

p.s. Please don't top post

TIA

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Reckless
writes
Hiya all,

I've got a Potterton 30F gas boiler in the kitchen which (today of all
days!) has gone on the blink. What's happening is that it is trying to

start
but not lighting. I can hear the fan engage then the microswitch on the
Pressure Switch clicks (which I assume is in response to the fan) but

maybe
it isn't it?! The boiler stays like this for 5 ish seconds then powers

down
the fan and it does this repeatedly.

It's a tad cold today and I'd appreciate it if someone has some advice on
what to look at/replace without having to spend £'s on a call out.

Thanks in advance, Adam

A potterton WHAT 30F?
A bit like saying you have a ford 1600
--